Friday, December 7, 2012

Switch It Up: Spinning!

One thing that makes me super duper happy and excited: switching up my workout routine. Not only is it good to confuse your body with different exercises, but it's good for your mind and keeps you from developing "workout boredom syndrome."
spinnnnn :)
After a fun holiday get together with the Miss Boston crew last Saturday night (and WAY too much delicious food, compliments of Dustin Rennells), I was determined to get in a killer workout. Lucky for me, the wonderful Miss Boston Executive Director, Steph Janes, is an amazing Spin Instructor at the Boston Athletic Club in Southie on Sunday mornings.... I knew this the perfect opportunity to get my sweat on- boy was I determined.

The last time I took spinning was probably a year ago, and I forgot how much I loved it! It's the best way to clear your mind and relieve stress... Especially when there's an awesome playlist (thanks Steph!). If you've never done spin, I strongly suggest giving it a try. The instructor sets a workout to a set of songs and combines sprints, jumps, and hills to make you burn crazy calories. Throughout the workout, you adjust your resistance knob based on what the instructor tells you to do.

Honestly, the first time I tried spinning, I was so nervous. (For some reason before my first class, someone told me a majority of people vomit after their first session because it is THAT hard..... False). If you've ever been told this, ignore it, you can do it!! I was worried I would be embarrassed if I couldn't keep up with everyone. The beauty of spinning is that nobody knows how much you are increasing your resistance (except yourself), so don't worry, you won't make a fool of yourself! Now, don't interpret that as me telling you to "slack-off" in spinning, but if you were petrified like I was, take my advice in your first class. Challenge yourself each more with every session!
This time around, I had a blast and really pushed myself to pedal harder and faster than I ever have before! Needless to say, I left the class feeling refreshed and so proud of myself! My favorite part of a workout is the feeling afterwards. I also have to attribute my spinning success to having the world's best instructor (another shout out to Steph!!!).
***Check out Groupon or GILT (or any of those sights) for gym deals. Today I found a deal for 10 fitness classes for $35. Deals are everywhere! Now that it is winter, get your bum off the couch and get active! Start your New Year's Resolution early! There are plenty of indoor fitness classes to keep you entertained and in shape... or you can tough it and take a jog outside in the brisk weather (bundle up)!!
Get motivated, DON'T BE AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING NEW, and most importantly, have fun.

Morgan

1 comment:

  1. The best wireless earbuds can pack top-tier sound quality into a pair of headphones that could fit in your pocket — several times over. Many of them can go toe-to-toe with the best over-ear headphones on sonic richness, which being much more portable and capable of recharging on the go.
    Going small doesn’t mean you have to give up on useful features either. From powerful active noise cancellation (ANC) to cool tricks like spatial audio, not to mention practical benefits like waterproofing, pick the right set of buds and you really can have it all. Without further ado, here are the best wireless earbuds right now.

    ReplyDelete