Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Healthy Fuel!

Today I thought I would post about the yummy meal I made for dinner tonight! I try to save up my "pasta nights" for only once in a while, and tonight was the night! Read up on my nutritious, delicious, and easy meal!!

Chicken and Spinach Whole Wheat Pasta
First, gather up your supples!
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 1 Thin-sliced Chicken Breast
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Light Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan 
- Garlic Powder
- Pepper
- PAM spray

1. Lightly spray a pan with PAM and cook the chicken breast on medium heat!
2. At the same time, boil a handful of whole wheat pasta until cooked!

3. Drain the noodles, and add a handful of spinach into the pot, allowing it to soften for a minute before adding the cooked pasta back in.

4. Mix together the pasta, spinach, and chicken and add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a sprinkle of garlic powder and pepper, and a few tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese! And ENJOY!

Told you that was simple! It took 15 minutes tops to cook and serve, and you won't feel guilty eating it! 15 minutes out of your day is better spent preparing a healthy meal than waiting in a fast food line! It was a nice, light meal and I'm amped up for a good run in the morning :)

Enjoy!
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment