Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easy & Healthy Dinner Idea!

One of my favorite parts of my day is cooking and enjoying a delicious (and healthy) meal! I love coming home after an awesome workout knowing that I'm not un-doing all of my hardwork at the gym. So, today I thought I would post an easy and delicious recipe that I had for dinner tonight!

As you know, protein and vegetables are an essential part of a well-balanced diet! I happen to love vegetables, so this meal is one of my favorites, and so incredibly easy! So many people claim that eating healthy is too time consuming, but I am here to prove you otherwise!

Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Best Post-Run Fuel :)

Whenever I buy chicken breasts (I like the "thin-sliced" breasts), I automatically trim off any excess fat and put them into individual bags and freeze them. Chicken is only good for about 4 days after you buy it (thanks, dad for pounding that into my head growing up!) so you don't want to keep it in the fridge all week. Next, I like to buy frozen assorted veggies. While I LOVE fresh veggies, I find that I never eat them quickly enough, especially since I like a wide variety of them in my stir fry! Plus, you don't have to spend time dicing and chopping up your vegetables since it's already done for you :)

In the morning (before work or class), take out a bag of chicken and let it thaw for the day. By dinner-time, your chicken breast will be ready to go! In a pan on medium heat, use a quick dash of olive oil cooking spray before putting the breast on. At the same time, put a few tablespoons of water in another pan on medium heat and toss on your favorite veggie assortment. I cover this so that my vegetables "steam" for about 5-10 minutes or until they arent frozen or cold anymore. Make sure your chicken is cooked thoroughly, and dice it up. Add this to the vegetables! If you want, add a tablespoon of your favorite marinade to add some delicious flavor to your already-delicious meal!

And there you have it: a healthy and protein-packed meal! Great for after a workout! It contains around 25 grams of protein, 200 calories, and 2 grams of fat, making it an all-around nutritious meal.

So give it a try! No more excuses that cooking healthy "takes too long!"
Enjoy!
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment