Monday, February 6, 2012

Find Your Passion

Working out comes in many forms.. running, dancing, squats, lifting, biking... you name it. The key to finding a successful (and lasting) workout regimen is by finding something you ENJOY! If you absolutely hate the treadmill, no one is forcing you to stay on! After I stopped dancing in my freshman year of college, I found myself with no workout routine and hated going to the gym. I started running around the lake, and when I moved to Boston, I found how much I LOVED running past the ocean. Not only was it calming and cleared my head, but it was fun! And that is when I realized how much I loved running :) I set my goals by pushing myself to run a little further each day, and then signed up for my first 5k and 10k races. There is nothing better than motivation, especially after you've found a sport or hobby you enjoy.

If you get easily bored, mix up your workout- 20 minutes on the bike, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Or do some interval training (as mentioned in a previous post) to stay busy and not bored. Don't forget to jam to your favorite music, it always helps makes the workout less painful :)

Experiment with everything and mix up your workouts! Try a Zumba or spinning class, grab a friend to go on a jog with! Don't feel like you have to do the same workout every day... confuse your muscles and try something new!

Go have fun!
Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment